be careful who you listen to bible versebe careful who you listen to bible verse

gosport council tip booking / what happened to skip and shannon this week  / be careful who you listen to bible verse

be careful who you listen to bible verse

Its easy for spiritual pride to slip in, where our knowledge of the Bible fools us into thinking that we are spiritually mature because we know so much. Stay up to date with the latest Christian news! The Word was not given to fill our heads with interesting facts, but to change our hearts into conformity to Jesus Christ. How can we stay fresh in the Word each day? 35 Bible Verses about Obeying God. Be careful about the way you live and about what you teach. If we respond obediently, we will receive more light. OpenBible.info Challenging his wife with a riddle, the man began, Youre the engineer of a train. Then Moses and the people of Israel sang this song to the Lord, saying, I will sing to the Lord, for he has triumphed gloriously; the horse and his rider he has thrown into the sea. Please click here to learn how. He went on to tell them, Pay attention to what you hear. He never talks about Jesus, but warm fuzzy social and psychological things. It happens this way: you hear a song, then the song keeps playing back in your head even hours or days after you hear the song. But those who do not have understanding will lose even what they think they have., So listen carefully, because whoever has will be given more, and whoever does not have, even what he thinks he has will be taken away from him., Take care then how you hear, for to the one who has, more will be given, and from the one who has not, even what he thinks that he has will be taken away.. At the first stop, 10 get off and 2 get on. If we listen carefully to Gods Word, He will give us more light so that we can grow more. The name it and claim it group slipped into blab it and grab it methods of self aggrandizement. Galatians 5:7-8 You were doing so well until someone talked you out of obeying the truth. This is the way knowledge increases. But often he got hit with a question that a lady asked him one afternoon: Ive only got an hour to spend at Yosemite, she declared. But do not do what they do, for they do not practice what they preach. As He told His disciples, He who has My commandments and keeps them, he it is who loves Me; and he who loves Me shall be loved by My Father, and I will love him, and will disclose Myself to him (John 14:21). They thought they knew God, but they didnt know Him at all because they didnt apply His Word to their hearts. If you have any questions, please review our Privacy Policy or email us at privacy@biblegateway.com. Whether youre listening to a sermon or reading Gods Word, take care how you listen! To read the Word without applying it doesnt do us any good. to double-space and double-returns. Were not hiding things; were bringing, Take heed therefore how you hear. What husband or wife has not had the experience of mumbling Uh huh while his partner is talking, but his mind is tuned out? The main purpose of Jesus' teaching is to illumine God's ways to us (8:16). Don't ever say things that are not true. If anyone thinks he is religious and does not bridle his tongue but deceives his heart, this person's religion is worthless. "If you do not listen, and if you do not resolve to honor my name," says the Lord Almighty, "I will send a curse on you, and I will curse your blessings. Casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you. Take heed therefore how ye hear; for whosoever has, to him shall be given, and whosoever has not, even what he seems to have shall be taken from him. Jesus does not want His disciples to think that His main purpose is to conceal truth. Look carefully then how you walk, not as unwise but as wise, making the best use of the time, because the days are evil. My son, be attentive to my words; incline your ear to my sayings. To enjoy our website, you'll need to enable JavaScript in your web browser. Start for FREE. Email is best: But the warning in the next verse to hear carefully fits better with the view that Gods light exposes the sinfulness of human hearts. That is what Jesus exhorts us to do in verse 18: Jesus says, Therefore, take care how you listen, for whoever has, to him shall more be given; and whoever does not have, even what he thinks he has shall be taken away from him.. Unlike the United States, where there are warnings and barricades, this hole was right along the street but with no protection. I came that they may have life and have it abundantly. Consider carefully what you hear, he continued. Verse 18 applies it by stating that we must listen carefully or that very truth will some day judge us. If I put on a good front at church, saying, Lord, Lord, but I dont practice His Word in private and at home, I will be shocked some day to hear Him say, Depart from Me, I never knew you, who practice lawlessness.. I say this in order that no one may delude you with plausible arguments. Good News Translation (Today's English Version . These and many other vital principles for right living are revealed to us in Gods Word of truth. Shortly before he died, Rowland Hill, an 18th century British preacher who was used greatly by God, was visiting on old friend who said, Mr. [NLT]. (1) And, behold, there came a man of God out of Judah by the word of the LORD unto Bethel: and Jeroboam stood by the altar to burn incense. Sopater the Berean, son of Pyrrhus, accompanied him; and of the Thessalonians, Aristarchus and Secundus; and Gaius of Derbe, and Timothy; and the Asians, Tychicus and Trophimus. All of these things have truth in them, but were taken too far. What we think we have will one day be taken from us. A primary verb; to hear. Don't use your mouth to tell lies. Is Jesus addressing the crowd or just the twelve? Be careful who you listen to | Understand Your Bible Be careful who you listen to A selection of verses showing how this theme runs consistently through the Bible. Proverbs 19:27 If you stop listening you will stary Bible verse. Then He continued, Pay attention to what you hear. E With what measure you mete, it shall be measured unto you: and unto you that hear, shall more be given. Either we respond obediently and draw closer to God or we ignore it and deceive ourselves. Lay beside, annex, repeat. And he said to them, Pay attention to what you hear. Think about it. Lets consider how what Jesus is saying in verse 16 applies to us. From 1977-1992 he was the pastor of Lake Gregory Community Church in Crestline, California. If we do not understand it, we must ask God to open our minds to its meaning. Does my family see the fruit of the Spirit in my dealings with them? Jesus recognized that not everyone was listening with intention. Take heed then how you hear; for to him who has will more be given, and from him who has not, even what he thinks that he has will be taken away., So pay attention how you listen. So be careful how you listen; for whoever has [a teachable heart], to him, Be careful therefore how you listen. You. Etc. A gentle tongue is a tree of life, but perverseness in it breaks the spirit. Many people, especially young people, want to know the will of God for their lives. Let them not escape from your sight; keep them within your heart. Save 15% on BibleGateway+ with code SPRINGSTUDY15. 3) What we listen to either helps us or destroys us. W But often our problem is with our own attitude, not with the Word or with the preacher. Matthew 6:22, ESV The eye is the lamp of the body. There are riches there for youif you will listen carefully as God speaks. Just as there is enough in Yosemite to spend a lifetime of summers exploring, so there is enough in the Bible to spend your lifetime digging out and meditating on. Years ago, a wealthy Chinese businessman visited England and was fascinated by a powerful microscope and the wonders it uncovered. Rochester, NY 14616 Set your minds on things that are above, not on things that are on earth. A relation of rest; 'in, ' at, on, by, etc. This false teaching is like a little yeast that spreads through the whole batch of dough! To place (put) to, add; I do again. For whoever has it will be given. By your standard of measure it will be measured to you; and more will be given you besides. J Give, and it will be given to you. We must communicate the light of our knowledge to others. With the same measure you use, it will be measured to you; and to you who hear, more will be given. This site uses the pseudonyms of Bergsland Design for design work; and Radiqx Press for publishing. Cite this page: Editor: Stephen Smith. And all who dwell on earth will worship it, everyone whose name has not been written before the foundation of the world in the book of life of the Lamb who was slain. Who, which, what, why. O Finally, in frustration, he smashed his microscope to bits. God tells us there are three people you should listen to. And I will grant authority to my two witnesses, and they will prophesy for 1,260 days, clothed in sackcloth. These are the two olive trees and the two lampstands that stand before the Lord of the earth. That was rather foolish, but how many people do the same thing with the Bible or with sermons from the Bible that expose their sin. And he said to them, Take care what you hear! Giving thanks always and for everything to God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ. Think carefully about the things you hear. Even among those who attend church regularly, so many are simply ignorant of what the Bible says because they do not take the time consistently to read it and think about what it means. You are of your father the devil, and your will is to do your father's desires. Be strong and courageous. Making the best use of the time, because the days are evil. For some have no knowledge of God. Therefore, be shomer how you listen, for whoever has, to him shall more be given; and whoever does not have, even what he thinks he has shall be taken away from him. So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God. He doesnt work for me, but Id never recommend him to a hurting person. The measure with which you measure out will be used to measure to you and more besides! They are not to hide Gods Word from Gods people, but to preach it clearly. Therefore, we must take care how we listen, so that we respond obediently to Jesus teaching, rather than shrink from it because it convicts us of sin. JAVASCRIPT IS DISABLED. Then He said to them, Take heed what you hear. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and dine with him, and he with Me. Whoever has will be given more; whoever does not have, even what they think they have will be taken from them., Therefore consider carefully how you listen. Many commentators understand verses 16 and 17 to be an exhortation to the disciples to function as light. On the down side, however, they can also cause many to pursue what is wrong, break people's hopes, and cause people to lose their motivation to reach great heights. Here are some reasons why we should be careful to choose what we listen to. And he said to them, Attend with care to what you hear. And Jesus said, `Take care how you listen. For to the one who has, more will be given; from the one who does not have, even what he thinks he has will be taken away., So be careful how you listen. anyone who does not conform to an established attitude, doctrine, or principle. New International Version (NIV). Jesus left the temple and was going away, when his disciples came to point out to him the buildings of the temple. If you put it to use, youll be given more to wrestle withmuch more. Webster's Bible Translation Think carefully about what you hear, he said. Therefore, watch how you hear. Revelation 3:20 obedience food promises. And he said unto them, Take heed what ye hear: with what measure ye mete it shall be measured unto you; and more shall be given unto you. Take heed therefore how ye hear: for whosoever hath, to him shall be given; and whosoever hath not, from him shall be taken even that which he seemeth to have. By what measure you measure, it will be measured to you, and still more will be added to you. The Skilled Workman was begun in 2011 dealing with spiritual teachings about our Messiah and the Holy Spirit he sent to us to help us. Were not keeping secrets; were telling them. The Old Testament prophet Jeremiah gave warnings about false prophets in his day: Jeremiah 29 verse 21 Spurgeon tells the story of a young preacher who preached a very fine sermonwhat Spurgeon calls a highfaluting, spread-eagle sermon. When he was done, the young man asked an old Welsh preacher who had heard him what he thought of it. Youre deliberately listening just to confuse me.. And whoever does not have, even what he supposes he has will be taken away from him., Be careful therefore how you hear. Stinginess impoverishes.. His Word is often clear on the issue we are facing. But he answered them, You see all these, do you not? And He said unto them, Take heed what ye hear. We will not be influenced when people try to trick us with lies so clever they sound like the truth. And behold, there appeared to them Moses and Elijah, talking with him. Proverbs 19:27 Cease, my son, to hear the instruction that causeth to err from the words of knowledge. Jesus is most intimate with those who hear and obey His Word. Copyright 2001 by Crossway Bibles, a publishing ministry of Good News Publishers. With the measure by which you measure out, it will be measured out to you, and will be added to you. L For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. It's crucial to take Mark 4:24-25 within the context of the whole chapter. We had a few frightening moments before we found her safely next door, saying something nonsensical to Marlas parents, who could not figure out what was going on. "Whatever measure you use will be used towards you, and even more than that. He would trip over the kids toys that had been left on the floor. This is the second time Ive heard him preach. And He was saying to them, Take care what you listen to. Verses 19-21 illustrate the point, that obedience to Gods Word is primary. 3 Be careful what you say and protect your life. The rich man also died and was buried, and in Hades, being in torment, he lifted up his eyes and saw Abraham far off and Lazarus at his side. Whoever keeps his mouth and his tongue keeps himself out of trouble. By what measure you measure it will be measured out to you, and more will be added to you. We wont be tossed and blown about by every wind of new teaching. Look carefully then how you walk, not as unwise but as wise, making the best use of the time, because the days are evil. He who calls you is faithful, who also will do it. Whoever has nothing, even what they think they have will be taken away from them., Therefore consider carefully how you listen. And to you who hear shall more be given. Answer, bid, bring word, command. For whoever has, to him, Be careful how you listen! Ecclesiastes 3:7 There is a time to keep silent Bible verse about listening. I jumped up and discovered that Christa was not in bedshe was sleepwalking and had gone out the door! Obviously, a person didnt light such a lamp for the purpose of putting it under a container or under a bed. 19 Now Jesus' mother and brothers came to see him, but they were not able to get near him because of the crowd. Luke 6:37,38 Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven: . Whether were in the Old Testament or in the New, we ought to draw closer to the Lord Jesus if we are listening carefully to what God has revealed. And he said to them, Take heed what you hear: with what measure you mete, it shall be measured to you: and to you that hear shall more be given. Over the years my wife and I have spent countless hours correcting strange beliefs held by immature Christians. Now the subject of hearing is important in this context. The key to being close to Jesus is not blood relationship or any other natural privilege, but obedience to Gods Word. But God will give you more than you give. C If you have any questions, please review our Privacy Policy or email us at privacy@biblegateway.com. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Every place that the sole of your foot will tread upon I have given to you, just as I promised to Moses. New Heart English Bible Pay attention to him, and listen to his voice. But he will give you more than you deserve. Jesus says, "Therefore, take care how you listen, for whoever has, to him shall more be given; and whoever does not have, even what he thinks he has shall be taken away from him." A. Theyre falling into the open holes of drug use, sexual immorality, anger, bitterness, self-centeredness, greed, and a host of other sins. For then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have good success. Those who have understanding will be given more. A few years ago there was a man in his eighties named Carl Sharsmith who had spent over 50 summers as a guide in Yosemite National Park. Again Jesus spoke to them, saying, I am the light of the world. Wake up from your drunken stupor, as is right, and do not go on sinning. When the word thunders against sin, think thus: God means my sins; when it presses any duty, God intends me in this. Many put off Scripture from themselves, as if it only concerned those who lived in the time when it was written; but if you intend to profit by the word, bring it home to yourselves: a medicine will do no good, unless it be applied (cited by Donald Whitney, Spiritual Disciplines for the Christian Life [Navpress], p. 53). He cannot deny Himself. Think about it. Clearly, Gods will is that you should marry only a spiritually minded, God-centered Christian, because the Word commands us not to be unequally yoked with unbelievers (2 Cor. Walk as children of light. Christian family to appeal after court dismisses school Pride parade complaint, Christian mayoral candidate wins payout after sacking for biblical marriage views, British public don't want a secular coronation, poll finds, Relic of crucifixion cross to be used in King Charles' coronation, Challenged by the faith of those who suffer. So let us be careful about who we listen to, and only take advice from those who will help us grow closer to God. In our busy schedules, we often rush through devotions (if we have them at all) without taking the time to chew on what the text means and how it applies to our lives. God can speak clearly, but if we are not listening carefully, we miss His will for our lives. He also never talks about Jesus or walking in the Spirit. And still, others simply weren't paying attention. Proverbs 18:21 tells us, "Death and life are in the power of the tongue, and those who love it will eat its fruit." (NKJV) Listening to the wrong things will be very dangerous to us. The prudent sees danger and hides himself, but the simple go on and suffer for it. For this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments; and His commandments are not burdensome. T Paul, an apostle of Christ Jesus by the will of God, and Timothy our brother, To the saints and faithful brothers in Christ at Colossae: Grace to you and peace from God our Father. By submitting your email address, you understand that you will receive email communications from Bible Gateway, a division of The Zondervan Corporation, 3900 Sparks Drive SE, Grand Rapids, MI 49546 USA, including commercial communications and messages from partners of Bible Gateway. Sometimes people make decisions they later regret because they listened to ungodly counsel. Z. D 12 Otherwise, when you eat and are satisfied, when you build fine houses and settle down, 13 and . Psalm 5:3 prayer patience. The person pronoun of the second person singular; thou. Labs And if anyone would harm them, fire pours from their mouth and consumes their foes. The measure with which you measure will be measured out to you, and still more will be given to you. Whoever has, to him will be given. For anyone who has something will be given more; but from anyone who has nothing, even what he seems to have will be taken away.. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised imperishable, and we shall be changed. Gods Word reveals principles on each of these crucial questions so that you dont whack your shins on the wrong ways of the world. There was a rich man who was clothed in purple and fine linen and who feasted sumptuously every day. And it will be righteousness for us, if we are careful to do all this commandment before the Lord our God, as he has commanded us.. Keep your eyes focused on what is right. Think carefully about what you are hearing. 5 Honest people hate lies, but the words of wicked people are shameful and disgraceful. V Moreover, even the dogs came and licked his sores. Look carefully then how you walk, not as unwise but as wise. I think that Jesus is clarifying verse 10 so that the twelve do not mistake His point. Gods Word is the light that tells them how to walk so that they dont destroy themselves with sin. He also said to them, Pay attention to what you are hearing! This shows us . I immediately thought of that open hole and panicked! When he lies, he speaks out of his own character, for he is a liar and the father of lies. Access 50+ premium resources.

Who Is Jeff Wadlow Married To, Recent Deaths In Lemoore, Ca, Imagery In The Hill We Climb, Articles B