is expedition unknown fakeis expedition unknown fake

is expedition unknown fake

What The World. Specialty Box Office: The Eight Mountains Scales Italian Alps With Best Opening Yet For Sideshow/Janus Films, Best Thrillers on Hulu Right Now (May 2023). IMDb.com, Inc. takes no responsibility for the content or accuracy of the above news articles, Tweets, or blog posts. But my god, Expedition X is probably the lamest paranormal show Ive ever seen in my 23 years of living. Josh travels all over the US to find the treasures featured in The Secret, a cryptic book published in the 1980s. silly Like I feel really bad for tearing this show to threads but my god, there isnt a single piece of this show that feels natural or engaging. Can Tom Cruise Be An Iron Man Variant In Doctor Strange 2? Phil ok.but, Complaining about breakfast in a cave after camping deep inside? ", When host and fellow archeologist, Josh Gates was looking at the mummy of a priest, which was 2,500 years old, he said, This has been such an amazing experience. Well, like most reality programs, there is always behind-the-scenes work that goes into production, and while Gates' discoveries are entertaining, they aren't as groundbreaking as the show makes them seem. Productions must play a role in ensuring that they capture successful content, otherwise, what a waste if they didn't, right? Aya Tsintziras is a Features Writer at The Things and has been a freelance writer since 2014 writing about topics pop culture, movies and TV. One fan wrote that it wouldn't be possible for Josh Gates to find out such crazy, cool things while being filmed and that he must have a script or direction from production prior to filming each episode. Discovered the hard way. I love Josh Gates. just. That doesnt necessarily mean that there is a problem with the show itself, only that its important to question the things that you see and hear as opposed to taking everything with some type of blind faith so that you dont question anything at all and taking everything at face value. if(typeof ez_ad_units!='undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[580,400],'hollywoodmask_com-medrectangle-4','ezslot_4',613,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-hollywoodmask_com-medrectangle-4-0'); Some of the exciting cases he has looked into are Amelia Earhart, Nazca Lines, Bermuda Triangle, the origin of Jesus,Stonehenge, Vikings, the Dyatlov Pass Incident, andthe infamous D. B. Cooper Case, among others. On top of that, he always seems to make these huge discoveries while filming the show. Reddit and its partners use cookies and similar technologies to provide you with a better experience. Cheers, Baby Gates! Many fans think that Expedition Unknown is "staged" and some have posted in various Reddit threads about their opinions. Show is so fake it's ridiculous! If Josh Gates is producing this milk toast garbage knock off of his own show then I've lost all respect. Please refresh the page or try again in a moment. Riiiight. The remaining will continue throughout 2022. Josh Gates, the star of Discovery's Expedition Unknown, has been married to his wife, Hallie Gnatovich, for six years.. Real, Fake, or Unknown Season 1. Are you new-ish to Expedition Unknown? Expedition Unknown's Josh Gates knows where to find adventure in Los Angeles. There arent many people who can say theyve gone down into unexplored ancient tombs, especially with a living legend like Dr. Hawass. Any solid evidence Expedition Bigfoot is fake? Tales from the Explorers Club is streaming now on Discovery Plus. No actual scientist considers a supernatural explanation forwell, anything. National Dive Bar Day: Is There a Portal To Hell In Memphis? Prior to Expedition Unknown, I spent the last 5 years hunting monsters (no, seriously) and investigating reportedly haunted places around the world on Syfy's Destination Truth. In the episode, the cast members visit underground tunnels. Ive only watched few and he has so much success its ridiculous. Josh appeared as a contestant in season one of the ESPN reality show Beg, Borrow & Deal. It's bad, and without Josh Gates, the show just isn't that fun. By rejecting non-essential cookies, Reddit may still use certain cookies to ensure the proper functionality of our platform. Ever noticed the necklace that Josh seems to wear all of the time? Another user claimed that the show is "so fake it's painful." Expedition X is horrible! Josh, this is a horrible program, you need to get your name off of it. Discovery Channel has renewed the series for a 10th season, which will premiere later this month. Get ready for more worldly adventures! Though Expedition Unknown typically results in Josh not finding anything, he sometimes finds at least one artifact or clue. `Exhibition Unknown' chronicles his global adventures as he investigates iconic unsolved events, lost cities, buried treasures and other puzzling stories. Mysteries and knowing the truth behind them have intrigued audiences for a long time. Expedition Unknown airs Wednesdays at 9|8c on Travel Channel, and you can catch episodes of Josh Gates' Destination Truth on Fridays at 9|8c. 3y. Then after pathetic attempts at collecting "evidence" the presenters jump to ridiculous, unsupportable conclusions that almost certainly were arrived at before any investigating ever took place. Viewers will witness the unforgettable journeys of those who dared to push boundaries by being the first to reach the North and South poles, risking their lives to explore outer space, and so much more. Is 'Expedition Unknown' Fake? They believed the viewers enjoyed the experience through Gates. Josh Gates Reveals Shocking Truth Celebrity Family 58K subscribers Subscribe 17K views 1 year ago Expedition Unknown documents all the adventures. He seems to have forgotten how to be a scientist. Hes been to more than 100 countries, and hes packed and unpacked a lot of bags. (Source: Reddit), They also pointed out that Gates "always seems to make these huge discoveries while filming the show." There's no interesting history given, no interesting locations, no atmosphere, and no real sense of tension (real or fake) in any episode I've seen. Jessica believes everything is paranormal and it seems faked. Unless you simply refuse to watch television in any capacity, theres a better-than-average chance that youve at least sat down for an episode or two of the show, Wbd CEO David Zaslav Congratulates Staff Ahead Of House Of The Dragon Premiere: Next Big Cultural Moment; HBOs Largest Campaign Ever Reached 130M People, Discoverys Next Big Live-tv Event, UFOs Declassified, Will Dissect Upcoming Government Report (Exclusive), Expedition: Back to the Future Trailer: New Discovery+ Series Searches for the Original DeLorean Time Machine, Box Office: Super Mario Bros. Triumphs Again in Fourth Weekend, Are You There God? Debuts to Dispiriting $6.8 Million, Mila Kunis Says Shes Not in Marvels Fantastic Four Reboot But She Knows Who Is, Mission: Impossible 7 Finally Wraps Filming 3 Years After It Started (Photo), The Super Mario Bros. Movie Crossing $1 Billion at Global Box Office, U.S. Now, hes continuing his latest, daring mission - as Americas most adventurous talk-show host. The mission: enter shark-infested waters to understand the nature of fear and come face to face with an apex predator. He told Fox News that the series has made him think about things differently, such as religion. Well hate to say this but I won't be tuning into this show. Reddit and its partners use cookies and similar technologies to provide you with a better experience. I've been following Phil on social media for years. 31 March 2019 by Nat Berman TVovermind.com Unless you simply refuse to watch television in any capacity, there's a better-than-average chance that you've at least sat down for an episode or two of the show Expedition Unknown. With the series being meant for entertainment purposes, it's no surprise that some of it might be real, and some of it might be fake, after all, this is a television production! Expedition Unknown with Mr Josh is my preferred tipple! And an L.A. transplant, who totally loves his new hometown but doesnt forget his East Coast roots. It's also important to note that no production company would invest so much time, money, and energy into the possibility of NOT discovering anything. Has Josh Gates ever found anything on Expedition Unknown? No interaction with the crew. Expedition Unknown TV Listings 2015 -2022 11 Seasons Travel Channel Documentary, Travel, Reality, Educational, Action & Adventure TVPG Watchlist Where to Watch An explorer travels the globe. I thought Mountain Monsters was bad but I've never cringed as much as listening this talentless duo banter back and forth. So, while Josh Gates might uncover some hidden gems, what is the likelihood of him being successful each time? Hell also try his hand at mechanical mortal combat by piloting a robot in the infamous BattleBots arena. It boggles my mind how this is in any way connected to Josh and Ex Unknown outside of Josh making the occasional appearance (most notably tonights episode). Josh will float in zero-gravity in a specially designed plane performing breathtaking aerial maneuvers. I just started watching Expedition Bigfoot, and I'm curious if anyone knows of anything that's been uncovered that might suggest they fake their purported evidence. Initially, the series aired on Travel Channel. These two have None of the joy of discovery manner of Josh or trying to share the experience in a meaningful way with the audience. Unknown Picture. We were able to document spectacular artifacts and mummies and bring viewers along in real time. Lindbergh Baby Kidnapping: Was The Famous Pilot Responsible For His Missing Son? Expedition Minus OperaTarte 21 February 2020 This is such a diluted program that doesn't merit having Josh Gates' name attached. Overall, it's a nice spin off to expedition unknown with josh as the big boss. As a matter of fact, it approaches things from a much more factual basis than many of the other shows that are similar in nature. Pick your cues better. Digging Into D-Day. Privacy Policy. We were able to document spectacular artifacts and mummies and bring viewers along in real-time. Josh will know what youre talking about. By rejecting non-essential cookies, Reddit may still use certain cookies to ensure the proper functionality of our platform. He does exactly that. Read on to test your supposed Josh Gates trivia bank or just to hear the real story behind that necklace youve seen him wear throughout all of his adventures around the globe. Also in 2023, Expedition X will continue to explore the stranger side of the unknown in an all-new, action-packed season of adventures. Fans think the show must be fake because there's always a formula being followed season after season, and oftentimes, the same exact formula . 11 Things You Might Not Know About Josh Gates. There are many shows and documentaries that revolve around this, and Expedition Unknown is one of them. Privacy Policy. I know I am a little late to the party but I really enjoy watching Expedition Unkown and when I saw this show . As a result, they believed the series seemed "scripted and staged.". I'm rating a 5 only cause I got to see Josh briefly. Nevertheless, information is being thrown at you from every angle to try to prove that fact to you. This isn't a bad show to say the least. Each uniquely themed episode will focus on historic Explorers Club members whose daring accomplishments changed the world - from Edmund Hillary and Tenzing Norgay's historic first summit of Mt. As another Reddit user wrote, The odds of making a discovery on a TV show must be astronomical. Also? No night time observation gizmos. It is a very bad watered down version of Expedition Unknown, with characters trying to be Josh Gates. She freaks out at any potential contact and then she doesn't seem to have any ability to problem solve and look for logical cause for an experience. Milk of magnesia, Josh! Host Josh Gates takes a ferry along the River Danube, Hungary as seen on Travel Channel's Expedition Unkown. When they were about to see where the tunnels led, they gotscared about the radiation and got out of there. Its scary enough that theres already a rather large contingent of individuals that do this, so if youre still one of the individuals that prefers to think for yourself, this question has probably crossed your mind at least once or twice. Updated on October 2, 2021, by Michael Chaar: Josh Gates always has us on our toes each and every season of Discovery channel's Expedition Unknown. Here's the scoop on all things 'Expedition Unknown.'. Thanks for reading! They explained their experience of watching an episode that discussed Nazi Gold to prove their point. I will not go out of my way to watch this team. He also notably got a tattoo of the Boston Bruins logo on the bottom of his foot as part of a team challenge. In the same manner, another Reddit user believed that the serieswas "obviously staged." They strongly believed that only documentaries were real and others were mostly staged. Anyway, there's definitely been some interesting things on the show, but it feels like he's trying a bit too hard to make it like Tomb Raider or something.". Travel Channel's list for some of the top RV parks in the US to. Jessica Chobot is the worst paranormal investigator, I only watched the new UFO episodes and wow, this show sucks. The series will profile the accomplishments of real-life action heroes including Ernest Shackleton, Gertrude Bell, Sir Edmund Hillary, Jim Lovell, and Chuck Yeager among others. Most of them take social media to discuss it, especially the r/ExpeditionUnknownsubreddit. The best part? October 28, 2019 Facebook; I probably wrecked the car for the next guy, Josh told Motor Trend. . Billion Dollar Wreck is moving into its 5th episode of season 1 but there's already speculation that the show is fake. YOU'RE INVITED TO the headquarters of EXPLORATION. And in Expedition Unknown, we see Josh man some of the strangest, coolest and most unique modes of transportation. So, is Expedition Unknown real? Vampires And Werewolves. With many reality programs including Catfish, The Hills, and Selling Sunset incorporating loads of pre and post-production, it's safe to say that Expedition Unknown follows a similar equation. In the mean time, catch classic episodes of Expedition Unknown on Discovery and explore the entire series on discovery+. How would you rate this article? It's not a documentary and doesn't claim to be. Take a road trip through cities of the civil rights movement. The Discovery Channel show aims to uncover the mysteries of numerous legends, and fans certainly cant get enough of the real-life Indiana Jones. I was expecting him to take off his shirt at any moment. Please refresh the page or try again in a moment. `Exhibition Unknown' chronicles his global adventures as he investigates iconic unsolved events, lost cities, buried treasures and other puzzling stories. What makes expedition unknown so great is Josh just has the personality that you enjoy listening to him. 2023 Warner Bros. The cast of the show needs some work, but I like when this show hunts down monsters whether they exist or not. For more information, please see our Im at a point in my life where Im saying, What is really out there? For me, there were a number of moments in the special that really challenged my agnostic beliefs.. It boggles my mind how this is in any way connected to Josh and Ex Unknown outside of Josh making the occasional appearance (most notably tonight's episode). It involves the host of the show traveling all over the globe in order to explore some of the more compelling stories that youve probably heard throughout your life.

Chambers County Dump Mont Belvieu, Recreation Center Pool Schedule, Pilot Catastrophe Services Inc, Articles I